Choice Broadband's Rural Internet Options
Whether you are looking for internet in a home or a business, Choice Broadband has the perfect solution.
Satellite for Home
From $95.00 per month
Satellite for your home. Select a plan and receive speeds of up to 25/5 Mbps with data ranges from 10GB to 200GB.Find Out More
Satellite for Business
Request A Quote
Data allowances from 500GB to 1000GB and with speeds of up to 25/5 Mbps. Rural businesses in New Zealand now have some perfect choices for their broadband needs.Request A Quote
Get connected anywhere in rural New Zealand with wireless broadband.Find Out More
Data blocks are currently not available from Choice Broadband. They may become available in the future for certain plans.
At Choice Broadband satellite installation in a home or business consists of 5 items that are assembled together by one of our technicians, these include:
- BUC: A block up-converter (BUC) is used in the transmission (uplink) of satellite signals. It converts a band of frequencies from a lower frequency to a higher frequency. We use 1 Watt Ku-Band Block Up Converter.
- LNB: Low Noise Block Converter (LNB) is the down-converting device and makes up the “receive” side. We use DRO (dielectric resonator oscillators) LNBs.
- Satellite Dish: A satellite dish is a dish-shaped type of parabolic antenna designed to receive or transmit information by radio waves to or from a communication satellite. We use 84 cm RxTx Elliptical Antennas.
- Mount: Used to attach the installation to the roof or wall.
- Satellite Modem: We use UHP-100 Modems by UHP Networks.
It is possible to use certain types of 84cm dishes, but they will need to be compatible with our outdoor unit. Customers will need to contact Choice Broadband directly if they have existing satellite dishes so that we can help determine if they are compatible.
Yes, replacement parts for the different components of a satellite installation are available. Customers are advised to contact Choice Broadband for a quote on individual part replacements or for replacements for whole installations.
There is a 24-month warranty on all installations.